Temporary Admission Officer (Cover for Maternity Leave)
Functional area: Business Operations
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: TemporaryPurpose
- Promote and pursue BSJ's education and services to prospective parents
- Responsible for administering the admission process to ensure that all new students and parents fulfill the BSJ entry protocols.
- Provide a personal service to each family and hopes for their children where every enquiry and visit is the future of the school.
- Responsible for managing the admission process which may include but not limited to collecting, reviewing and assessing applications and related documents for compliance with the eligibility for admission to the school and to ensure that all new students complete the required entry tests within the agreed timeline and receive accurate and up-to-date knowledge of the school curriculum and services.
- Participate in external INSET and Open House events as directed by the Head of Admission.
- Work with SIMS Manager and the Head of Admissions to maintain and update accurate data on all the students’ status (New admissions, leavers, enrollment, wait pool, and class placements).
- Provide information to management or other parties as required and ensure compliance with Indonesian Immigration legislation.
- Liaise with the Finance office re collection registration fees.
- Check on the validity of student’s Limited Staying Card (KITAS) details termly and update accordingly.
- Assist in the collection of KITAS data and produce data checking sheets.
- Coordinate student’s photo ID process and records.
New Student Management
- Identify, research, and contact prospective parents and build positive relationships that will generate future partnership and repeat business.
- Pursue prospective parents by promoting BSJ's education and services.
- Provide client-service roles with a customer-focused mindset, act as ‘front of house’ and positively represent the school to potential and existing parents, their agents, or representatives.
- Assess parent’s needs and suggest appropriate education and services; respond to parent’s enquiries; provide all required and relevant information to ensure that reasons for ‘non conversion’ enquiries are complete and accurate.
- Negotiate prices and proposals within the position’s limits of authority; and conclude the process.
- Maintain the prospect status and wait list database and regularly update the database.
- Create weekly report to update management on the status of enrollment and wait list
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- S1 / Bachelor Degree of any related major
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience working for an International School/Organization would be an advantage
- Experience working as admission officer/administration/PR/Marketing & Communication would be an advantage
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Possess a good level of computer literacy with good facility in using Microsoft word , Excel and database programs / School Admission Management systems
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to be able to establish good links with students, parents , staff and visitors alike
- Possess a high level of organisational competency and ability to work independently
- Able to maintain productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Possess a strong understanding of BSJ’s competitive advantages to be able to provide accurate and engaging information to parents.
Understand the critical role that admissions play in the long term financial security of the school.