IT Technical Support Officer
Functional area: Business Operations
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
Supporting campus staff and students with Apple hardware (Mac, iPad, AppleTV) through in-person and virtual troubleshooting and supporting technology platforms Google GSuite for staff and students as well as assisting with management of physical hardware inventory and MDM.
Area of Responsibilities
IT Educational Support
- Receive, resolve, and close service ticket requests from end-users within Service Charter timeframe. Provide the correct solution based on technical understanding on hardware, software, and the related technical issues.
- Handle, assist and perform basic troubleshooting of all IT service related enquiries and problems especially on macOS and iPadOS for teaching staff and other end-users also virtual troubleshooting.
- Handle, assist and perform basic troubleshooting of Apple Software and Hardware troubleshooting.
- Perform routine IT related activities, may include but not limited to data entry, administration of IT systems or maintenance and troubleshoot Google GSuite, Apple hardware/ software/ LAN and network.
- Assist in preparing Student and Staff devices, onboarding to MDM and support during day-to-day activities.
- Assist teaching staff by providing on-site IT support during day-to-day teaching and learning activities, after school activities, and other events which include resolving issues concerning IT hardware/ software/application/ LAN and network.
- Configure and support application, file, and print servers.
- Show proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- S1 / Bachelor of Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent vocational / technical degree.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant experience in support of apple product
- Possess good written and verbal English language proficiency.
- Extensive knowledge of macOS and iPadOS
Apple Software and Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail in organization and process workflows.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Possess some IT provider certifications and other professional IT products/network services certification in order to trouble-shoot related issues.
- Ability to configure and support application, file, and print servers.
- Ability to learn and support new platform quickly, self taught and self reliance when finding solutions
- Success working independently while operating in a team environment.