Functional area: Whole School
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: ContractPurpose
Provide first aid or minor treatments for injuries and illnesses to school communities including for students, staff, contractors and visitors, prepare and maintain drugs, disposables and medical equipment in order and ensure it is ready to be used in timely treatment on daily medical situations, maintain medical records of students and staff.
- Provide first aid or minor treatment and respond to medical emergencies (accident/illness) to school communities including for students, staff, contractors and visitors based on Health Services SOP. Refer unusual or emergency situations to the School Doctor. Escort patients to the appointed hospital.
- Manage students medical records including student’s immunisation card & health card from the admission team, create student’s medical information and medical alert to be shared with related departments, and keep all the soft copy records in the google folder and iSAMS.
- Manage staff and contractors Medical Check Up records.
- Keep records of drugs and disposable usage and update the stock records.
- Maintain and ensure first aid boxes, oxygen tanks, Automatic Defibrillator Device (AED) and all medical equipment are ready to use and are in accordance to international standards such as the American Hospital Association (AHA) standards.
- Provide basic medical services for the school such as preparing a responder bag for school trips, allocate nurse duties among nurses on ad hoc activities outside school hours and conduct first aid training if requested.
- Coordinate with other departments for arranging ambulances to go on School residential trips and weekend activities.
- Arrange external paramedics to accompany school residential trips or to support school’s weekend activities if required.
- Communicate with parents in regards to their children's medical information and the treatment plan. Inquiring parents on their children’s health condition, updated immunization record, confirmation of emergency treatment for their children specific medical conditions and remind them of their children’s medical requirements before school trips.
- Communicate with the School Doctor in regards to student’s medical information including coordinate the treatment plan for an emergency situation.
- Record the visitor lists of the school medical facilities and record the feedback from the visitors regarding their services. Create a statistical monthly report.
- Communicate with the year leader, teachers or school counselor about students with concerns.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- D3 / Diploma of Medical, Nursery, Health Sciance or other Medical related subject
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Possess registered nurse qualification with 3+ years occupational health experience and some first aid experience, may include emergency care qualifications or medical license of a general practitioner.
- Possess good written and verbal English and Bahasa Indonesia language proficiency.
- Possess communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively liaise with internal and external parties.
- Active STR License