Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Functional area: Business Operations
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Responsible for supervising the preventive and corrective maintenance work on Campus with a focus on electrical maintenance to support the operational activities on campus to run smoothly with minimum interruptions caused by dysfunctions of facilities or faulty equipment.
This includes ensuring work schedules are carried out on time and all school facilities and equipment are functioning at all times, setting goals for performance and deadlines in line with the organisation's plans, organizing tasks and ensuring that technicians understand their duties, and monitoring employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
Area of Responsibilities
- Prepare preventive maintenance service schedules, coordinate and assign the day-to-day activities to maintenance technicians, ensure that work schedules for maintenance works are met and all school facilities and equipment are functioning at all times.
- Supervise maintenance activities for preventive maintenance of BSJ’s facilities and pass on information from maintenance management to technicians and vice versa.
- Inspect and evaluate work carried out by technicians and third parties to verify that repairs have been completed correctly and that schools facilities and equipment conform to the assigned specifications and safety standards.
- Collaborate and liaise with the cross function management team during the regular inspection of BSJ’s facilities and equipment and manage complaints (if any) and provide explanations when required.
- Monitor the condition of maintenance equipment, materials, parts, and tools by focusing on implementing preventive maintenance programmes on mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other installations within the building.
- Assist in conducting improvement projects or any other assignments given by the Chief Maintenance Engineer when requested.
- Prepare and submit performance reports of the equipment as required by the Chief Maintenance Engineer.
- Ensure adherence to BSJ policies and procedures.
Leadership and People Development
- Ensuring that works are carried out in accordance with BSJ’s health and safety requirements.
- Set goals or performance and deadlines in line with BSJ plans and communicate them clearly to staff and technicians.
- Coaching and mentoring maintenance technicians by developing their skills and knowledge.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- S1 - Bachelor’s Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or any related major.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience as a supervisor or relevant role.
- Possess strong technical and operation knowledge of buildings and the systems that make up building environments, electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance, as well as plumbing.
- Possess a strong communication skill both verbal and written to be able to perform regular communication to various teams and the team of maintenance staff.
- Possess a strong ability to work competently both independently and as a team.
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office