Teacher of Mandarin
Functional area: Whole School
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: ContractTeacher of Mandarin
To plan and deliver learning and teaching with regard for the school's vision and mission statements, own policies and schemes of work, the teaching programme for all students within the class.
- Provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
- In liaison with your Line Manager, take responsibility for upholding Health and Safety practise within your own working area and be responsible for completing risk assessments/near misses as appropriate.
- Make effective use of assessment information on students' attainment and progress in planning future lessons.
- Provide effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals, establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met.
- Monitor and intervene when teaching to ensure sound learning and discipline and maintain a safe environment in which students feel confident.
- Use a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all students engaged.
- Be familiar with the Code of Practice: identification, assessment and support of pupils with special educational needs.
- Select and develop good use of ICT skills.
- Assess and record each student's progress with reference to the schools current practice, including the social progress of each child and use the results to inform planning.
- Mark and monitor work and homework, providing constructive feedback and setting targets for future progress
- Assist in formalising the Annual Faculty plan directly linked to the School Improvement Plan or Core Competence.
- Provide reports on individual students progress to professional colleagues and parents as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with professional collagues, governors and parents
- Ensure high quality communication with students, professional colleagues, governors, parents and outside agencies
- To be responsible for ensuring progress across the ability range and to ensure equal opportunities for all students.
- Participate as required in meetings with professional colleagues, governors and parents in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
- Through performance management agree individual staff professional development needs and how these can be met.
- Act as a Class Tutor or attached member of staff as required.
- Participate in a minimum of three Community Events which take place at weekends during the academic year.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- Applicants for this post must have a Bachelor degree in Mandarin Language
- A minimum of five years' relevant experience
- Must keep up to date with developments in the UK curriculum and be able to meet the expectations of an International School
- Must be prepared to teach both some primary and secondary class