Head of Indonesian Educational Programme
Functional area: Whole School
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: ContractPURPOSE:
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of School, the Head of Indonesian Programme will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the new Indonesian education requirements
- Develops the design of the Indonesian National Curriculum with the regards to the provision of Bahasa Indonesia (core subjects), Indonesian Studies (Civics/Pancasila) and Religious Studies, including:
- Seeking clarification from the Ministry of Education and other similar schools where necessary.
- Advising on the options available to BSJ for the delivery of religious instruction across all grade levels which may include collaborating with neighboring schools or other licensed religious study centers.
- Working with the Head of Schools to determine how the delivery of the core subjects can be integrated into existing schedule with minimum disruption.
- Working with the Indonesian Faculty to develop a curriculum framework which reflects BSJ curriculum and pedagogical framework and determining appropriate curriculum material for all grade levels.
- Establishes the Center for Indonesian Studies as a cultural center that support both Indonesian faculty and students, and provides a central resource for those expatriate students studying Indonesia language and culture.
- Arranges National Exam for Indonesian students:Makes suitable arrangement for Indonesian students to take the national exams. Provides extra-curricular support for those students who require additional preparation.
- Handles SPK License:
- Monitors and complies with all new legislations from the Ministry of Education that may impact BSJ with regards to its SPK License.
- Involves in recruitment of Indonesian Faculty to meet SPK requirement
- Arranges Professional Development of the Indonesian faculty who will be required to teach the new curriculum
- Actively networking with other SPK schools
- Facilitates and accommodates all visits of MOE officials
- Establishes formal and informal communication with MOE officials of various levels
- Handles National Accreditation Assessment:
- Completes all National Accreditation Assessment requirement
- Facilitates and accommodates all visits of National Accreditation Board officials.
- Execute any other assignments or projects related to government requirements by working with related parties within BSJ, eg.Legal and Compliance, HR, etc.
- Maintain a good relationship with high level official and staff in the Ministry of Education and Culture, Local Authorities of Education and Culture both Banten Province and South Tangerang and other related institutions.
- Attend meetings and workshops arranged by the Ministry of Education and Culture, Local Authorities of Education and Culture both Banten Province and South Tangerang and other related institutions.
- Follow up and implement the update of any new regulations, decrees and other programs from the Ministry of Education and Culture, Local Authorities of Education and Culture both Banten Province and South Tangerang and other related institutions.
- Ensure DAPODIK are regularly updated by the Operator.
- Supervise and develop staff within the Indonesian Educational Programme Faculty, including to ensure all staff are fully qualified as per requirement, fulfilled through proper coaching, training and certification.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- Holding a minimum Master’s Degree (S2), preferably in Education, or other related education background.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in managing educational institution.
- Highly proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Experienced in designing a National curriculum.
- Good analytical skills in understanding business issues and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven successful track record in leadership, team management capabilities and networking.
- Proven excellent stakeholder engagement, particularly in government relations.
- An ability and willingness to move from strategy to implementation.
- An ability and willingness to move from strategy to implementation
- Business Understanding : International Education Management, particularly with IB Curriculum, IGCSE, and National Curriculum