Marketing & Communication Manager
Functional area: Business Operations
Employment type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
MARKETING & COMMUNICATION MANAGER
Purpose : Responsible to perform a strategic marketing plan and execution that encompasses branding, marketing, communications, stakeholder management, public relations, and market research. Also, to gather market insights to inform the strategic direction of the School and to enhance the School’s brand on a national and international scale.
Area of Responsibilities:
- To create analysis of our brand: strategy vs perception including analysis of competitor’s branding perception (e.g. through market research, survey etc)
- To manage and organise agreed brand strategy and further develop the brand across key stakeholders.
- To capitalise the brand into the organisation’s strength and financial prudence.
- Managing, monitoring and improving stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Ensuring a high level of engagement amongst stakeholder groups.
- Influencing stakeholders to support BSJ’s aims, including fundraising.
- To contribute proactively in planning the marketing strategy and tactical plans.
- To move forward successfully the agreed marketing strategy and tactical agenda within the timeline and budget.
- To manage marketing staff and other supporting members including problem solving of any arising issues.
- To create marketing campaign analysis in order to ensure the effectiveness of the campaign.
- Media buying/advertising purchasing.
- Targeting stakeholder groups through the appropriate channels including website and social media.
- Data analysis and data mining to support marketing strategy.
- Inform and engage the BSJ community in developments at the School.
- Reviewing, developing, implementing and evaluating the School’s communications policies and procedures.
- Planning, producing and editing content for community communications, such as Firefly (intranet) messages from leadership, publications and event presentations.
- Analysing and executing the queries and conflict where communication breakdown is a caused in order to help resolve that problem.
- Planning and managing crisis communications.
Public Relations (PR)
- Influencing perception of targeted stakeholder groups through use of PR.
- Sourcing and identifying suitable content for PR.
- Analysing and managing the PR campaign results through any measurement methods in order to get the valid data of public perception .
- Sourcing content and overseeing the development of written copy.
- Line managing account handler and designers.
- Managing outsourced talent - writers and designers.
- Liaising with distributors and tracking reach.
- Ensuring all video, photography and copy is fit for purpose.
- To actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- Seven years of experience in strategic and tactical marketing that encompasses a minimum 2 of the following areas: branding, communications, stakeholder management. public relations. Knowledge about international education is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of the managerial level of experiences such as Account Manager or Manager in Marketing, Communication and Public Relations.
- Proven track record in stakeholder management and in overcoming the typical obstacles especially in the context of international education.
- Excellent English writing skills, dealing with external vendors such as for advertisement placement and other event-based marketing and communication initiatives and activities.
- Managing writers and media designers.
- High level of English language - reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Ability to think strategically, tactfully, creatively and innovatively within the context of international education
- Having excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Stakeholder management
- Media buying/advertising purchasing
- Campaign management & analysis including budget management
- Brand development and positioning
- Competitor analysis
- Market research analysis
- Placing and monitoring content
- Website & social media management
- Good taste, a sense of elegance and ethical